21.4.10

Jacket Toile

First Toile


I first concentrated on getting the fit of the jacket working from my working drawing.





































As kalico draped diffently from the wool I was using previously for my design development I did some experiments with different shaped sleeves to bring more of an interesting feature to the back of of the jacket.







On the Body



I wanted to create a style line at the back of jacket that compliments the draped dress underneath.

At present I am not really happy with the output of my jacket, I feel my technical ability has not allowed me to make this exactly how I want it to look.

I have been playing around with bias cut for my draped garment and feel this was a more successful method for me so I may try bring this methos into the tailored garment as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment