16.2.10

5 Feb 2010: History Trip

After finding all the online secondary research I could on La petite Salope I began to think of places I could visit for design inspiration.

So I took a trip to the Victoria and Albert museum to look and sketch specifically from the draped sculptures. I wanted to see how cloth was used in history to drape the body.
I liked the idea of having a taliored piece layered with excessive drapery as collar or neck detail.

 
I also wanted to research more into the religious connotations relating to cloth and drapery. 


I then went to the National History Museum as I'd never been before and thought it may be enlighting.
Overall it was a great experience, really cool colours (a/w colour pallete), organic shapes(drapery), and of course very informative on the environment.


No comments:

Post a Comment